Welcome to Support Services Group
Support Services Group Co-operative Ltd. seeks to encourage self-supported and self-managed living for its Members in a manner that allows maximum freedom and dignity.
Established in August 1991 as a co-operative of families who had a vision of their children living in their communities. The cooperative was organized to serve and advocate for persons with a disability and to provide the support necessary for them to live in the community while maintaining personal choice and control. We now have members living in the Halifax area, the Annapolis Valley and in Bridgewater.
Role of SSG
- Help organize and maintain suitable housing of our Members
- Provide support and assist the Members with all challenges of independent living
- Provide learning opportunities for our Members that will increase their skills and independence
- Provide social support and a social network for our Members
- Liaise between the Members and their families
- Maximize the freedom, dignity and decision-making of people living with a disability by tailoring supports to their individual needs
- Invite family and friends in a support network for our Members
- Address and resolve problems faced by our Members in establishing and maintaining independent lives
- Ease the transition from living with immediate family to living in the larger community
- Freedom of choice is a fundamental principle of SSG
- Members and their families should be involved to the greatest extent possible in decisions that affect them
- Members’ lives should be self-directed
- Support group is in place to provide support and guidance
- Decisions which directly affect members reflect the goals & objectives of SSG
SSG is professional and rewarding place to work. We encourage all qualified individuals to pursue a career at Support Services Group. Please visit our Employment Opportunities page to learn more about our current openings.